08 January 2012

Sympathy Card

Have I mentioned how much I LOOOOOVE the weekend?!?  It's just so refreshing to be able to spend time with my family.  I was lucky enough today to have quality time with my youngest son AND be able to get some crafty time in as well!
Today I made this sympathy card:
I'm fortunate enough that I'm going to be able to enter this in quite a few challenges!  The first is The Paper Variety, run by my AWESOME friends Abby and Suzanne!  The challenge at TPV this week is to make a paper project with black & white and a touch of color.

Next, I'm going to enter this at the One Stop Craft Challenge.  This week, their challenge is Bingo!
For my bingo row, I chose the top row across:  distressing, lace/ribbon, and flowers.  I distressed the edges of the front of my card with my distressing tool and then shaded it with my purple ink pad.

My last entry for this card will be at Card Patterns.  Here's their sketch for this week:
I LOVE their sketch this week!  It was so easy to adapt my card to, and it went perfectly with my sympathy card.

Be sure to check back on the 15th, as I'll be posting my newest DT card for the first LiaStampz challenge of 2012!  Happy scrapping!


4 comments:

Abby Beard said...

Ashley, this is such a pretty card! I really love the button lined ribbon. Good luck in your challenges! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Variety! :)

Jen Nelson said...

what a lovely card


Thanks for joining us at One Stop Crafts
Jen xx

Sandi said...

This is such a lovely card....I was admiring it when you first posted it. Imagine my surprise when I found it in my mailbox this week! Thank you so much for your friendship and thoughtfulness. We love having you join our first challenge of the year here at The Paper Variety and hope to see you for many more challenges! Good luck at the awesome prize!

Christina said...

Very pretty, Ashley! I love the black and white with a touch of purple. Thanks for joining us this week at Card Patterns!