25 June 2012

House Hunting--Day 1 (Part 3!)

It's the final post about Day 1 of our house hunting adventure!  The next-to-last home of the day was a historical home on Eighth Street in Batesville and was once the home of the tenth governor of Arkansas, Elisha Baxter.
This was MY favorite house of the day!  I loved the staircase,
the den,
and the kitchen,
but my absolute favorite part of the property was this,
which included a workshop on the bottom floor and this BEAUTIFUL studio on the top floor.
The opposite wall was solid windows, and I knew this would be the PERFECT craft studio for me!  Unfortunately, though, the home only had two bedrooms upstairs, which just doesn't work for us.  IF ONLY!
Adrian's favorite property of the day included a home (which I unfortunately did not get a picture of the front of), an in-ground pool inside a pool house,
and forty-eight acres of land.
This is Adrian's DREAM property!  Unfortunately, though, we think it's just too much land for us to handle at this point in time.  One of these days, I promised Adrian we would own property like this!
Day 2 of our house hunting adventure continues tomorrow with six more properties!  Hopefully one of these will be the magic one.  I'll be back tomorrow or Wednesday to share our new adventures!

2 comments:

Barbara Greenberg said...

Wow I love both of these houses and both so different, in fact all the houses you have shown here are different in styles and architecture. Would sure be hard to choose. Good luck today on the 6 properties.

Kristie W. said...

There are some beautiful houses in your area!! So much charm and character. Too bad the studio/workshop one didn't fit all of your needs! I think that is my fave overall.