30 January 2015

CAS Happy Birthday

I tried my hand tonight at a clean and simple birthday card.  I don't normally use a lot of butterflies on things, but I found a piece of glitter paper I'd punched a butterfly out of, so I used that as a stencil since I don't have a butterfly punch.


I found the inspiration for this on Pinterest and knew it would come together fairly quickly.  I adhered the glitter butterfly directly to my card base, then used a glue dot just on the center portion to adhere the dotted butterfly.  I bent the sides up just a bit for some added dimension.  The sentiment was stamped with VersaMark then heat embossed with gold embossing powder.


I finished off the inside with a small butterfly decorative button.



Supplies Used
Teresa Collins glitter paper

Challenges Entered
CASology Week 131:  Birthday
Scrappin' 'n' Chattin' January Monthly Card Challenge--Birthday (entry #1)

Thanks for stopping by!  Happy scrapping!


4 comments:

Ruth G said...

Very pretty! I love the layering and the dimension of the butterfly! TFS!
Best of luck in the challenges!

Judy1223 said...

Ashley, this is so pretty...inside and out! I love the layered butterfly, the glittery layer underneath is so pretty! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

Susan Powell said...

love the greeting used as a stem! Brilliant! Great butterfly!!

Jen W. said...

Gorgeous! Love the dimension from the layered butterfly and the fun touch of the vertical sentiment. Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!